Sunday 1 December 2013

A Quilty Finish!

I am excited to show you a quilt finish today! I finished this quilt several weeks ago, but the weather hasn't been great, and indoor pictures just didn't do it justice!
 
I may have mentioned this before, there have been a lot of baby announcements in our small office. We've had three babies join us, and a fourth one due in March! How exciting!!
This first quilt is for a beautiful little girl, who arrived in early November! Mom and her proud, big sister came to the office this last Friday to show her off! We all got a chance to cuddle her and share in the joy! She is adorable! The shower will be in January, so I can't wait to give her this quilt!
 
The pattern is The Missing U, from the book Sunday Morning Quilts, by Cheryl Arkison and Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts.  My previous post can be found here.
 
 I love the little bits of whimsical fabric in it. It can be used as an I-Spy quilt, too!
 Check out this jazzy dude. Proud daddy is a music teacher, so this'll make him chuckle!
 I quilted it with an all-over meander using variegated thread. I am very happy with how it turned out!

Linking to Lily's Quilts - Small Blog Meet and Sew Many Ways.
Lily's Quilts

13 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

This quilt is adorable! Love the little characters throughout the quilt. I just finished a baby quilt too but can't share until the baby shower! Love your blog!

Dorothy said...

Very cool! Love the bright scraps!

Unknown said...

Lucky little girl! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautifully bright, colorful baby quilt! It will be a treasured addition to her nursery!

Pat T. said...

I love it! yes, I do recognize some of the fabrics, including the lady bugs!

Kat said...

Thank you! I love the bright scraps, too!

Kat said...

Thanks so much, Rosemary! It was fun to make!

Freddie said...

Great rainbow colours. Lucky baby.

Kat said...

Thanks so much!

Kat said...

I hope so! I make my quilts to be used! Thank you!

Kat said...

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

What a great finish!

Kat said...

Thankyou!