Tuesday 3 January 2012

Is it procrastinating if you decide to piece the back?

I love piecing quilts, and I can get them to the finished top stage in most cases, but I'm not very good at finishing them, i.e. sandwiching, quilting and binding them.

Each time I get a quilt top finished, my husband says with hope in his voice. 'Will this one be for our bed?' The answer is usually 'Yes...one day.' Some day, we'll have a dozen quilts piled on our bed, but in the meantime, I like to piece tops!

So am I travelling the path of procrastinating further when I finished the Mod Sampler top from Oh Fransson!


You already sew an extra row of blocks for the back, which is a neat thing to do.


But what if I decided to use up some of the scraps and trimmings to piece the back?


Am I being thrifty and innovative or am I just delaying the inevitable? We'll see. In the meantime, here is some progress.

Here's Lizzie, my helper, inspecting my work!
These are leaders and enders I am building a scrap quilt as I work on other quilts (more later)
Happy Quilting!

~Kat~






1 comment:

Cynthia F said...

Oooh very nice- I love the colours you chose for this!